Scholarships & Financial Aid
Are you applying for scholarships? There are many out there; you can't receive them if you don't apply!
Local and State Scholarships
** For an updated list of local scholarships in the Abilene area which you may be eligible for, please visit https://cfabilene.academicworks.com/. Fill out the General Application and apply to scholarship opportunities for which you are eligible. You will need to answer specific questions for each scholarship opportunity to apply for that scholarship.
**For an updated list of state scholarships which you may be eligible for, please visit https://austincf.academicworks.com/.
www.fastweb.com (highly recommend)
- National Beta Scholarship Program- Applications are due by January 24, 2019. Visit betaclub.org/scholarship for more information.
- America's Farmers Grow Ag Leaders Scholarship- due by February 1, 2019. Got to FFA.org/scholarships to apply.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund- due by March 31, 2019. Go to https://www.hsf.net/ for more information.
Scholarship Help and Advice
Want more information about scholarships and the best way to get this FREE money? Check out these informational videos:
Searching for Scholarships 101 Video Courses: https://lendedu.com/blog/
- What are Scholarships?
- What Are the Different Kinds of Scholarships?
- How to Find Scholarships
- How to Apply for Scholarships - Essay Tips
- How to Apply for Scholarships - Letter of Recommendation Tips
- Avoiding Scholarship Scams
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Personal Finance 101 Video Course: The course was designed for incoming college students, by current college students. This video can be used to help students better understand personal finance, budgeting, banking, and financial aid. https://lendedu.com/blog/college-personal-finance-course
Financial Aid Hotline: Free text-in service designed to quickly answer any question related to financial aid, grants, scholarships, and student loans. Simply text-in your financial aid questions to (302) 278-4037. For more information, visit https://lendedu.com/blog/text-in-hotline/.
Preparing, Applying, and Paying for College: